Friday, April 01, 2005

Old Blogs I Never Posted

3/13/05

In search of barbacoa. I went in search of barbacoa this morning but it was too late already, after 11 but not quite 12 so I thought that maybe there would still be some at my favorite place- Matamoros. They were out so I had to go to my second choice- Gerardo’s. Their logo and sign boasts they’ve been in business since 1977.

The funny thing is I’ve lived around this neighborhood my whole life and I’ve actually owned a house in the neighborhood for three years and this was my first time in there. I knew I would like the barbacoa because my husband has bought it there before and my friend buys it there all the time. She’s lived in the neighborhood around the corner from Gerardo’s her whole life.

What a waste of a beautiful weekend! It was so beautiful here this weekend and I never went outside. What a shame! Yesterday I lazed around all morning and finally went to go do a lot of laundry. So that was one thing I got done. The second thing we got done was Rey cleaned the house. So we did accomplish 2 big things but we didn’t enjoy the beautiful weather outside! We also visited last night with one of my very best friends who’s moving to Hawaii in a couple of weeks.

3/19/05

Another beautiful weekend! Yesterday it rained in the evening but the morning and early afternoon was beautiful. We went out for a couple of hours in the morning but we spent the rest of the afternoon getting ready for a party we had to go to in Rosenberg. We really enjoyed it, especially Miranda. She danced the night away as usual.

Today we’re on our way out to buy Miranda a dress for the Memorial Thursday. That’s the Memorial of Jesus’ death for those of you who don’t know. It’s very special and we do a special meeting that day where we pass the bread and the wine. We only do that once a year. So since it’s a very special meeting we traditionally buy a new dress. I’m going to go see what Easter dress specials are out there.

I have such a busy week that this is the only day I can really do it. Monday is also free but you never know what can happen and I don’t want to take any chances and I don’t want to wait until the last minute.. Tuesday I’m on the Nuestra Palabra show so listen up! Wednesday is my reading and Thursday is the Memorial.

No comments: