Friday, April 08, 2005

Survived the Drive

I survived the drive to New Orleans in a Suburban with 2 small children, a mother and father in-law and a husband. Four adults and two babies. I can’t believe we made it in one piece. Actually it was a good drive. Both kids went to sleep for a little while so I got to nap too. Baby watched a Baby Einstein DVD on my lap top and Miranda watched The Incredibles. I had a good conversation with my mother-in-law.

I could tell that Rey was a little annoyed when we got to New Orleans. My in-laws insisted they had a coupon but the coupon wasn’t good on a festival weekend. Rey told them not to chance it and to let him make reservations for them but they wouldn’t listen. So when we got here sure enough they didn’t honor their coupon. Good thing we still kept our reservation.

The reason for our visit is because my step-daughter Mandi is going to be in a school play tomorrow and Saturday. While I’m here I want to do 1 or 2 touristy things. I want to go to their art museum to see their European and Impressionist collection. Hopefully we can do that tomorrow during the day before going to see the play. I also want to go down to the Quarter while I’m here. I always enjoy doing that.

OK, I’m signing out for now.

No comments: