Thursday, June 09, 2005

AC

One of the main things that sucks about being a home owner is that you have to pay to get everything fixed. Thus the reason why I haven't remodeled my house. Rey and I have become quite the grungy couple with the old house.

Seriously, we are getting ready to pay off our cruise and our air-conditioner breaks down. YES! Can you believe that?? We got this great great deal on our cruise and the balance due is not that much but now we have to spend at least $2,500 on a new A/C! I'm very tempted to cancel the cruise because I'm afraid I won't be able to afford to do both.

One side of me, the side that my father drilled into my head, is telling me that the cruise is a luxury that should take the back burner to necessities in life. My other side is telling me to spend the money, it's such a great deal after all, and cross off one of the items off my list of things I want to do in life. I hate having this internal war with myself!

On another exciting note. I'm going to NYC for business for 4 days in September! I'm really excited about that and looking forward to the trip. We're talking about having Rey come with me so he can sight see since work will be paying for the hotel room. He can fly up on one of my sister's tickets for cheap and it really won't cost us much.

When we found out about this business trip we thought about canceling the cruise for sure and doing that instead, but then I think that's not fair to the kids. Then they don't get a family vacation. Decisions decisions!!

I'm sure that whatever I decide will be the right decision.

No comments: