Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Going to Aggie Land!

I was talking to someone the other day about all the things I do in a day and she said she was exhausted just listening to me. I don’t think I do all that much considering all that I don’t do. Then she said I was an overachiever. I had to give this some thought... I’ve never thought of myself as an overachiever, never. She said that once when she was in grad school her professor told all of them that if they were in grad school they were overachievers. So her point to me was that I went to graduate school, I do very well at my job, so therefore I’m an overachiever. Weird but if that’s what she wants to think, great! I’m usually so hard on myself that it’s nice to think that I really work hard even though I always think I’m a slacker.

At this very moment I’m eating my Skillets dinner (with extra veggies I threw in) at my computer trying to get some form of writing in or I’m going to die! I haven’t written in a while and I haven’t worked on my book in even longer… I know!

Miranda fell asleep on the way home so she’s taking a little nap. (Yes, at 8 p.m.) Seth had a bottle and he’s in his crib watching Dora. Yes! I use TV as a babysitter, don’t criticize and judge until you have kids. Ha! I am a firm believer that kids need their own time too and they need to learn to be alone for a little bit. If he’s not crying he’s OK.

After I eat my 6 point dinner (according to Weightwatchers) I’m going to do the wonderful fun task of folding clothes. MY wonderful husband of almost 8 years went and did laundry for us today. Now it’s my job to fold it all and start packing. We’re going to FUN College Station, home of the Aggies, for the weekend for a JW convention.

Yes, I’m Jehovah’s Witness for those of you who didn’t know it. OK, after you pick up your jaw off the ground if you didn’t know, yes we can be Jehovah’s Witness and normal at the same time. I grew up JW so I know all the stereotypes that are out there. : -)

So we’re going to College Station for our district convention Fri-Sun. I’m excited because not only am I always spiritually recharged but I also see so many friends I haven’t seen in a long time. Lots of good material for future characters!

OK, I will write more this weekend if I get a chance. The motel said they have wireless connection, we’ll see.

No comments: