Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Kissing and Diets

No relation whatsoever but 2 things I was thinking about today. Yesterday I was writing about 2 of my characters having their first kiss and it reminded me of first kisses.

Remember those? The first time you ever kissed your husband or significant other? It's an interesting question I think. Really think about it.

Do you remember where you were? What was the temperature? What were you wearing? How did you feel? Did you have butterflies in your belly? I can tell you the exact location of where we were the first time we kissed.

I remember the feeling like it was yesterday and it will be 10 years in January. I was wearing black jeans, a green tank top with thin white stripes and a green jacket that I later lost at the Q Cafe. It was January but it was Houston January cold. We had dinner at Mesa restaurant that used to be on West Gray and they seated us outside in the courtyard.

Our first kiss happened at a bar across the street but then later when he walked me to my car he kissed me next to my car and I remember leaning my head back and my hair got all wet with the dew on my car window of the driver's side. He told me that my hair was getting wet and I told him I didn't care. That memory is really cool and one that both of us recall with fondness. There was something so sexy about it.

I have a theory that when we are having differences with our partner we should think about the first time we kissed him or her. If we think about what made us fall in love and decide to spend the rest of our lives together it will make the rest of our lives sound a lot better. :-)

Diets. I went to the Weightwatchers meeting for the first time today. I'll write more about that later. I'm going walking right now before it gets dark.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i finally got a few minutes to read your writing. I look on it as an inspiration for life, love, diets, family, work, and you. Thanks for uplifting me.