Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Alice in Wonderland

One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree.
'Which road do I take?' she asked.
His response was a question: 'Where do you want to go?'
'I don't know,' Alice answered.
'Then,' said the cat, 'it doesn't matter.' -Lewis Carroll

I love this quote from "Alice in Wonderland." I've always wanted to read the original book by Lewis Carroll. I saw the movie years ago when I was a little girl. I saw it on the other day so I recorded it and Miranda loves it. Even Seth watches it sometimes.

My 16 year old niece was visiting recently and she told me she loves that movie too and that she recently read the book. She told me I'd really like the book. It makes me want to sit and watch the movie again and then I'll read the book. The illustrations in the movie are also so beautiful.

Sometimes I feel like Alice. Here's another favorite from that book.

“There is no use trying,” said Alice; “one can’t believe impossible things.”
“I dare say you haven’t had much practice,” said the Queen, “When I was your age, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.”

Sometimes I feel like all I do is believe impossible things.

Other thoughts:

I finally read my cousin's essay today. It made me so sad... I thought about his father who is 91, my other uncle who is 86 and had to move to live with his daughter in San Diego because he keeps wandering off and falling down, and my dad who is 81. They are the last 3 brothers left out of 12 siblings.

No comments: