Thursday, August 25, 2005

Now

now is the time to live your ideal life. - cousineau

I'm going to try and post a different quote that I like every day or when I remember.

I get a phone call today at 4:30 p.m. from the baby sitter.

"Miranda wants to talk to you," she says.

"OK, put it her on," I say.

"Mommy are you stuck in traffic?"

"No. Why?"

"Why aren't you here? You're late picking me up!"

"No I'm not. It's work time still."

"No, you should already be here."

"No sweetie. I'll be there in a little while. When I come get you we're going to the store with Aunt Becky to buy Vicki a baby gift and then we're going to buy your ballet and tap shoes."

"OH! OK. I'm watching 'Totally Spies'. Bye Mommy!"

And that's it. The conversation is finished and she's off to watch that disturbingly grown up cartoon.

The baby sitter and I talk a little bit. She tell me that it's been a long afternoon for Miranda and I tell her it's really strange that I have been feeling the same way! I had an early lunch and the afternoon has just dragged on....

No comments: