Wednesday, November 09, 2005

I Can't Believe My Baby Is Going to School

Yesterday during lunch Rey and I visited a Vanguard program at one of the elementary schools. It was really weird for me because I can't believe that my baby is going to kinder next year!

We were with a group of women on the tour who had all their kids in the same private Pre-K in the same area. I couldn't help thinking that they all wanted their kids in Vanguard because they don't want to keep paying for private school. Ha ha! They were nice but a bit elitist.

Then you could argue why do I want my kids in Vanguard and I would say because I know that Miranda will always be ahead of the game and I don't want to slow her down in a non-gifted program. Of course, if she doesn't get in then that's what I have to do and live with it, but I don't think she'll have a problem.

The test is all verbal since she's only 4. The application is due in January and the test is in February! I remember thinking how far away that still was and now here we are. Amazing!

Today I visit my second choice and tomorrow I'm visiting the 3rd choice and that should be it. I haven't decided if I'm going to a 4th on Friday just to check one more out. I have to put down 3 choices on the application in case she makes it into Vanguard but doesn't make it into the specific school I want. Then they can send her to the second choice and so on. I just want her to go to a good school so any one of the top 3 choices is fine with me.

No comments: