Monday, December 12, 2005

Oscar Again and Walk the Line

First things first before I forget. My cousin Oscar Casares has been awarded a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts! http://arts.endow.gov/grants/recent/06grants/Lit.html I'm very proud of my primo!

We went to see Walk the Line on Saturday night. I LOVED IT! LOOOVVVEEED it! It is a great movie. It's such a wonderful love story. This is coming from someone who knew nothing about Johnny Cash or June Carter. Joaquin Phoenix does a wonderful job singing. I didn't know what to compare it to but I went on Amazon.com and I listened to Joaquin and Johnny Cash both singing the same song. I went between the 2 albums listening to the samples and I couldn't believe that Joaquin could make his voice sound so much like Johnny Cash.

No comments: