Thursday, March 30, 2006

One More Thing!

I keep forgetting to tell y'all that I'm going to be walking for breast cancer awareness and funding for women with breast cancer on Sunday, May 14. Check out the web page. http://houstonwalk.y-me.org/site/PageServer?pagename=HTX_homepage. My team is headed by our team captain, Jena Moreno, and our name is "The Adorables."

I'm really excited about this because I've already met my first $100 goal. I set that as my goal and now my next goal between now and the walk on May 14 is $200.

I''m walking in memory of all the people in my life who have been touched by cancer. My sister Hilda died of Leukemia in 1995. My dad is a prostate cancer survivor. My father-in-law is a Lymphoma survivor. Rey's Aunt Mary has stomach cancer and has been very ill lately.

Visit my page and leave a small donation if you'd like. When you go to the main page above you can click on "sponsor a walk participant" then type in my name- Loida Ruiz and it will take you to my page. Thanks!

No comments: