Thursday, April 20, 2006

I Love Houston

I love Houston except for during the Summer. Wednesday I had to walk a few blocks from our downtown office to the courthouse to get something and I was reminded once again, like I have been for the last 36 years of my life in Houston, that I hate Houston in the summer and summer has arrived in our fair city. I was wearing a short sleeved t-shirt and with what I like to call my Houston jacket. It's a thin black jacket. By the time I arrived at the courthouse I was perspiring. Perspiring because you know, girls don't sweat. Okay no, I was sweating. I felt irritated. I was hot and tired and then this rude lady decides to cut me in line. I wanted to say something to her but she was one of those older ladies that pulls around a mini-suitcase as her purse. (I'll say right now that I'm sorry if you do this too) When I saw that I decided I didn't want to get into it with her.

What happened to the beautiful days when the weather is just right in Houston? Which are pretty much from end of September to mid April in Houston. I walked back to the Chronicle garage without my jacket and I looked up at people sitting out on balconies of restaurants having lunch and I wondered what possessed them to sit outside in the heat. It's too hot already!

But I'm a Houstonian through and through and like a true Houstonian I will suck it up and spend as little time as possible outside in the heat for the next five months.

No comments: