Thursday, June 29, 2006

World Cup Questions

Who do I root for now that the U.S., Mexico, and Spain are all out of the picture?

Do I root for Argentina because they are the only Hispanic team left? (Portugal and Brazil speak Portugese even though they are considered Latin)

Or do I root for Italy since I absolutely love Italy the country and the soccer team already won the "best looking team" hands down with that Dolce and Gabbana ad campaign? See their pictures here - http://tainomangu.blogspot.com/ Love the name of her blog- Real Women Have Curves. You go girl!

Germany is too... They don't come across as very nice and warm, although they are nice to host the World Cup games this year. And Germany is beautiful and clean. I did love visiting there.

Ukraine- the only Ukranian I ever knew was my 6th grade English teacher Ms Filenko and she was a sweetheart. She was nice, but I'm not a big fan of the Ukraine. It's not on my top list of places to visit.

Portugal and Brazil are cool. I would love to visit those places. And I think Brazil really has a good chance of winning. They do have the best players. But I'm not voting for them. That doesn't mean they aren't going to win.

France. Hmm... I love France but the French don't like the U.S. I had to speak Spanish the whole time I was in France in order to be treated nicely. Enough said.

Post your votes for who you are rooting for. I'm sure your reasons have a lot more to do with how well the team plays and not based on their looks and if I like to vacation in their country! Wow! I sound like a man! About the looks I mean.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the final game will be between Argentina and Germany...slight chance it will be Brazil and Germany but my money is on Arg/Ger....they are the best. forget the others...ok...who wants to bet?
Rose