Friday, July 14, 2006

The Great Gatsby and Reading

One last thing and then I need to take a shower and go to sleep. Early morning and long day again tomorrow.

I'm reading "The Great Gatsby" for the online creative writing class I'm taking and I could have sworn that I read this book before for some reason. However, as I started reading it I don't remember a thing. I know I never read it because I would remember it if I had. It's pretty good so far but it's funny to read a book and think I read it and then when I'm actually there it's as if I entered into a house I don't know for the first time.

I have a pretty good memory of books that I've read. Books really had an influence on me when I was younger. Sometimes random books I've read just pop into my head for no reason. I was thinking about one book in particular the other day that I just loved about two Japanese dolls. I googled "japanese dolls story" and I actually came across the book. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1405088567/ref=pd_po_rvi_1/104-3748423-4427944?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=283155 "Miss Happiness and Miss Flower." I wasn't sure at first if this was the book but then when I read the excerpt it was as if I was right back there reading it when I was a little girl of around 10. I want to get it but it's not available right now. I put it on my wish list on Amazon. I've said this before. That's the kind of memorable writer I want to be. I want for someone to recall my work 26 years later.

Okay that's all for now. Good night fair readers every where! Even the ones who came here searching from something else they hoped to find but just found me. The crazy writer from Houston.

1 comment:

Coco said...

You are already a great writer ; )

"Sitemeter", huh... I need to check this out. Maybe I should get it also.

How do they get to your blog with the word "panties"? Ademas, que morbosos! Cochinos!

Cuidate!

Un fuerte y caluroso abrazo.
Bendiciones.