Monday, July 10, 2006

One of the Reasons I Love My Newspaper

I complain about my job just like everybody else does I'm sure. There are day to day things that simply get on my nerves. But the truth is that I really love my job and I love the newspaper business. I must! I've been in it for a total of 15 years. OK, maybe 18, if you want to count the 3 years I worked for my high school paper. All in all working for a newspaper intrigues me.

Last week one of my co-workers, one of the managers over our pressmen, tells me that we have the most diverse group of press operators in the country. AND that we have the most women! Isn't that totally cool? I was very proud of our newspaper when he told me that.

I find it amazing that so many different departments touch the newspaper and are responsible for creating a totally different issue each day. It's like giving birth every single day. Amazing!

1 comment:

~^^~L*C~^^~ said...

wow - awesome - more power to women! that's great!