Sunday, August 13, 2006

My Life is About to Change Forever

I'm about to enter a totally new phase in my life. I am about to become the mother of school age children. Tomorrow my 5 year old daughter begins Kindergarten and the following Monday I'm putting my 2 year old son in a Montessori nursery school.

What this means is that gone are the days when I can roll out of bed later than usual and go into work later because I know I will make up the work time either way. Gone are the days that if I don't feel well I don't have to get up and the kids can just sleep in with me. Gone are a lot of things.

From now on I will have to wake up at 5:30 or 6 a.m. and I'll have to get both kids up, fed, and dressed. With a girl that includes doing hair, like pony tails or braids. Add to that getting myself dressed and ready for work too. Then I have to get them to school first around 7:30 so I can get out of work in time to pick them both up by or before 6. Their schools aren't too far from each other, thank goodness.

I will have to do this every day for the next nine months unless Miranda is sick. Seth's schedule will be more flexible so at least if she's sick I can either stay in or take them to the sitter's. She's agreed to be my back-up so we haven't lost her.

My life is about to change forever.

On another note, I haven't written too much because I've been working out on a regular basis for the past 3 weeks. I even drag my butt to the gym on Fridays!! One week I even went during lunch time because I thought I was going to have dinner with a friend that week so I wanted to do a make-up day.

One good thing about the kids being in school is that since I'm going in earlier I'll also get out earlier in order to pick them both up before or by 6. I'll be picking up one at 5:30 and another one at 6. Rey will definitely have to help me out some days. But by being off of work earlier I'll be able to work out earlier, at least for one hour. Then it's home for showers, homework, and bed.

My life is about to change forever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep! Your life is about to change f o r e v e r!!