Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Nacho Libre

I finally got around to watching Nacho Libre. I thought I was going to find it ridiculous and offensive but I must admit I laughed my butt off. I love the explanation as to why Jack Black (Nacho) is White. His mother was a Scandinavian Methodist missionary. He ended up as an orphan in the monastery with the monks in Mexico. I think his father was a former Catholic priest. He said that his parents got married and kept trying to convert each other.

Jack Black was insane and Esqueleto (Hector Jimenez) had me cracking up. This movie is full of funny one-liners.

No, this isn't an intellectual movie that makes you think, but it has some really sweet moments. Like the first time Nacho gets paid to lose a fight and he uses the money to buy the orphans food to make beautiful salads (something one of the boys had asked for). It was sweet! And the actress who plays his love interest, Sister Encarnacion (Ana de la Reguera) is beautiful!

If you feel like laughing at a really silly but funny movie check it out.

No comments: