Saturday, December 29, 2007

Day Two of the Lap Band Experience

Okay, Day Two was a little tougher for some reason. Maybe it's like when you work out and you're more sore on the second day.

Today I've had pain around my incisions and where the port is. It's weird. I can feel the circle of the port under my skin. That's the port that they use to inject fluid into my lap band to tighten it. I only have a lap band at this point. In one month I go in for a check up and the doctor tightens the band for the first time.

I also had to cough a couple of times and I have to hold my incisions when I cough. I tried taking Tylenol and taking a nap, but when I woke up I realized I really needed some pain medication. So I took some a little while ago and now I'm better.

I can't wait to be able to walk into Ann Taylor and to know that I fit into their clothes. I'll never forget the day I walked in and the sales lady asked me if I was looking for shoes. (ie. you don't fit into anything in this store) The truth was I was looking for shoes but still...

I've just been hanging around the house today aimlessly. I really should sit and edit my novel but I haven't been totally myself. I feel kind of funky today.

I finally put all the pages of my novel together and had the pages bound in a spiral notebook. I'm reading it from beginning to end, like I would a novel, to catch any and all my mistakes. A couple of my friends are also reading it. They've been asking me if they could read it for a while so I told them that they could with the understanding that they need to help me make corrections. They agreed and I gave them their own copies.

This will be good. I'll do some good editing on it and I'll have it ready to send out to agents again this year. I really need to do that again. I'm also going to send it to some smaller book publishers. This is the year that I'm going to publish my book!

1 comment:

Moose said...

I hope you feel better.