Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Day Six

First off, my scale sucks. My sister came over and checked it and said that it worked just fine, but every time I got on it gave me a different number. Finally I found that if I placed my feet in a certain position then I got the same reading consistently.

SO if the scale is in fact correct, then I have lost 13 lbs since the surgery. That's crazy! Thirteen pounds in less than a week just because of the liquid diet! And since I lost 4 lbs during the pre-op diet I've lost 17 lbs total in 2 weeks. The thing about this liquid diet is that it's necessary for me to heal. I can't start taking regular food down my stomach and through the band until it's healed and it's been in place a couple of weeks. So one more week of liquids, except I do get to have something a little thicker this Friday.

Now that I'm feeling better I'm starting to get cabin fever and I can't go out because the kids are so sick. My house is a sick house right now! My daughter threw up last night and then again this morning at 4, except that time it was just fluid and phlegm. I felt so sorry for her. I know she's sick when she hasn't wanted to eat anything at all today. She's only had something to drink and medicine. The phlegm takes away her appetite.

My son seems to be feeling better and he's coughing way less today. Yesterday he was coughing non-stop.

I do hope they are better tomorrow so we can go out somewhere. My daughter wanted to go to Chuck E Cheese, but my husband pointed out that a place like that can be a cesspool of germs and they may get worse instead of better. But maybe I can take them somewhere else, like the mall or Target, to at least get out and walk around.

1 comment:

Moose said...

I hope the kids are feeling better.