Friday, January 18, 2008

Houston Crime

Today is going to be a blog record day! I thought I was done blogging today when I received a call from one of my best friends telling me that she and another very good friend were robbed at gun point!

I am just speechless. I've never been to the restaurant where they ate on 19th Street, but I know the area in the Heights well, and nothing like this has ever happened to any of us before. Goodness! I went to middle school at Hamilton on 20th St.

She said that they came out of this restaurant and they had parked in the back. As they walked to their car they were approached by a Hispanic man with a gun. She said it was the most terrifying experience. I can only imagine.

She said he asked for their purses and their rings and of course they gave them to them so he would just go away.

An experience like this could not have happened to two better people that are going through some huge challenges in their lives right now. I can't believe this happened to them. My heart just breaks for them...

1 comment:

Moose said...

Scary!