Tuesday, February 12, 2008

It Was a Noble Effort but...

I tried it, but it didn't work. I tried to be a polished looking girly woman, but I couldn't do it. I started getting my nails done again, after a seven year break, but the upkeep is killing me. I just can't keep it up like you have to.

I love the way they look. I don't even wear them long. I wear them short, but I love the look of the gel overlay on my real nails because it makes all my nails even and the polish stays on them. I just can't make it into the nail shop every 1.5-2 weeks like I have to.

When I was young and single I used to have my nails done all the time, but of course I didn't have the kind of schedule I have now. When I found out I was pregnant with my daughter, seven years ago, I stopped having them done. I didn't want to have them done or wear them long when I had a baby and I was changing diapers. My daughter was potty trained right before I had my son so I went from changing one set of diapers to another. I changed diapers for six years straight.

So when my son was potty trained at three I got really excited and said I was finally going to get my nails done again. Well, I tried, what can I say? Our lives change and so do our priorities. Being a mom takes more out of you than you think!

No comments: