Sunday, March 09, 2008

All's Well That Ends Well

The walk was good. Did I mention the walk here? Now I'm getting my two blogs confused. So OK, in case I didn't say it here- Rey and I did the 5K "Stride 4 Stroke" walk with the kids and with my daughter's 1st grade class/team, The Chocolate Dogs. It was a lot of fun! We got some great exercise. In American terms I think 5Ks are 3.3 miles. So roughly Memorial Park. I told Rey that one day I want to do a run.

Sorry for the venting yesterday. It was much needed. I got a couple of things done today, but not too much. Rey did more than me. He cleaned the garage out of tons of junk.

Blast from the past! He found two business cards, one from Beat Temple and the other from Global Village, two bands we used to go hear play in the’90s, before we were married or even knew each other. I used to go hear them at Fitzgerald’s and he used to go hear them somewhere else.

Fitzgerald’s was my account when I sold advertising for the Daily Cougar at UH and I used to go there every week to pick up their check. If Global Village, Beat Temple or Panjandrum were playing that weekend I would ask them to put me on the guest list. A friend from high school played with Panjandrum. Those were the days of no responsibility and freedom. Little did I know then what I know now.

I have said this before and I'll say it again. Being a parent is absolutely the hardest job in the world. I've stayed up all night finishing papers for school, I've taken very hard exams, but I have never experienced the stress that I have as a parent. It's joyful and all that too, but at the same time, it's hard work.

So tonight is Daylight Savings time and I don't even have to change the clock in my bedroom. I never changed it since last Fall, so now we're back to the same hour on the clock. See how it all works out in the end?

It's late. I'm tired. I'm going to bed.

No comments: