Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Crazy Week Synopsis

The Gym


First let's start with the gym. All of last week I worked out at home because I was having company (step-daughter and friends) so I was getting ready for her visit. I ran back and forth on the sidewalk next to my house and halfway down the street that runs into our driveway and back around. I think the neighbors may think I'm crazy since I've been running back and forth in front of their house too. I could hear their little yappy dogs barking at me in the window, so I'm sure I was annoying them.

Then yesterday there was supposed to be some big storm, so I took my dad to his meeting and didn't go to the gym. I walked here at home instead really late in the evening. (OK, really at 10 p.m.) When I went to take my gym clothes out I thought it was a good thing I didn't go to the gym. I would have been pissed because I had forgotten to pack a t-shirt.

Today I did good. I was working from our downtown office, so I went to pick up my son first, then my daughter, so I could go straight to the gym from picking her up. (the gym is on that side of town) When I got to the gym I discovered that I had forgotten my tennis shoes!! What the heck?! A very important part of running. So, back in the truck and back to the house. I ran for half an hour here at the house. I wasn't going to drive all the way back to that side of town. I don't know what it's about me and packing for the gym lately. Usually I only forget my towel and I just buy one there.

Juno

I finally saw it! And I loved it! It is such a great movie. I can see why Diablo Cody won the Oscar for the best screenplay for this movie. The dialogue is so smart and snarky. I loved it. Period.


Discovery Green

I finally took the kids back and they loved it! They ran around in the water and had a blast. They sat on the edge of the lake and dipped their feet in the water. Then they ate hamburgers and hot dogs with Sprite and Capri Sun. They played some more and then had an ice cream before going to pick up their grandpa with me from the airport. It was a good day!

McCafe

We went to McDonald's as a family to check out the new McDonald's on N. Main & 45, near Heights. Very snazzy! We found out that it's one of the new McCafes. Very fancy I may add. Nice floors and walls and they serve mocha, capuccino and iced mochas. I wasn't really in the mood for coffee, so I didn't order a mocha as I had planned. Next time. But it was cool to see one of these new McPlaces in our Hood.

2 comments:

Coco said...

Gym
I NEED to start going!!

Juno
Haven't seen it...
nor The Orphanage!
Haven't seen much come to think of it!

McCafe
Wish there was one here where I live.

Un fuerte y caluroso abrazo, amiga.

Bendiciones,
Coco

Moose said...

I love JUNO... and the soundtrack is just as funny as the movie.