Thursday, May 08, 2008

Good School News

I received some good news today. Little one was accepted into the paid Pre-K program in an HISD school. It's a dual language program, which means that the class will be taught 50% in Spanish and 50% in English. He'll be starting in the Fall!

The school isn't that far from my daughter's school, so I'll be able to drop him off on the way to leave her.

It's weird to think that my baby will be starting school soon. I know it will be very sad for my babysitter. She's taken care of both my kids for seven years. Of course she still has them both for the summer before school starts again.

I tell my daughter that they are going to spend summers with their "Mana" until they are 18. I tell her that that's how kids get in trouble, when they're left at home unsupervised and up to their own devices. Oh my! I sound like my mother! Scary!

No comments: