Wednesday, May 07, 2008

I Ran

Well I did it. I ran at the gym for the second time. The first time I ran the gym was pretty empty, so I didn't feel as self-conscious. But yesterday I got brave and I ran, regardless of what it sounded like. And when I did, I was pleasantly surprised. I didn't sound so loud with everyone else walking and running too. (Every treadmill was taken) I told my lap-band buddy that I was afraid I was going to sound like a herd of elephants running through the jungle.

I walked for 8 minutes and ran for about 12 minutes. I always remember my opthamologist, Dr. Volgelfang (real name). He told me once during an exam that his daughter started running and that the inches just fell off. Dr. Vogelfang, I hope you were right!

Anyone who knows me knows that I am not a runner. I hate running. Carl Deason, my childhood friend, and avid runner, can attest to this. He loved running as far back as first grade and I was not a runner. I was the kid that no one wanted to pick for their team if it involved running. So for me to run is a HUGE deal.

2 comments:

Moose said...

That's great Shoegirl!

Moose said...

Vogelfang is a cool name.