Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Kick that Black Cloud

I have had a black black cloud hanging over my head for well over a week. The funny thing is that I didn't even realize that the black cloud was there until this week when MORE things happened to me and I realized how many bad things had already happened to me.

1. I was short changed a bunch of money (can't tell the whole story here)
2. I got strep throat on the week I was taking 2 vacation days.
3. Someone was unfairly rude to me and really pissed me off. (can't really tell the story here)
4. My hot water heater busted on Sunday, so I had to buy a new one and spent $400.
5. My A/C compressor in my SUV gave out on the way to work on Tuesday and I'm going to pay close to $1,000 to have it fixed.
6. I'm in a professional limbo situation.
7. I was publicly humiliated, but since it was so humiliating I can’t even tell you what it was.

SO, I've had a lot of unfortunate things happening to me this week. I have this crazy cloud over my head. Well today, after feeling sorry for myself for a while, I decided to kick that crazy black cloud out of the way. I'm kicking it out to infinity. I refuse to let that black cloud get me down.

Today I was faced with an important question. What would I do if I wasn't doing what I'm doing now? I think I would become a teacher with the goal of becoming an elementary school librarian. I would have the same schedule as the kids and then I would have summers off too. Then I would write during the summer. That's what I would do.

So there dark cloud. I have an alternate plan! You are not the boss of me!

1 comment:

Moose said...

... otherwise seems like you are doing well.

Get one of those hand-held dirt devils to suck that freaking cloud right out of the sky.