Saturday, August 23, 2008

No More Dress Rehearsals

We went to my son's school on Friday and met his teacher. He wasn't especially talkative with her, but he did go find the apple with his name and he took it to the magnetic board. He responded to everything the teacher told him in Spanish, but in English. It will be interesting. Monday is the real thing. He seemed to like his classroom and his teacher. There's also a teaching assistant. I'm kind of nervous about Monday. We'll see how it goes.

No more dress rehearsals! We go live on Monday. Our summer is over. Back to the structured environment of school hours. My son will go in a little earlier than my daughter, so I'll drop him off first. Then I'll drive on to drop off my daughter. I'll be going in a lot earlier into work, however I'll also have to leave right at 5 in order to pick them both up.

I'm kind of excited about getting back on to a set schedule with both of them. I'll be driving a lot less now because my son's school is on the way to my daughter's school. Same thing in the evening when I pick them up. I can get back on to a gym schedule. At least 30 min of running on the treadmill and some stomach crunches.

OK. I'm just using my blog here to list out all the things I have to do! It's not supposed to be for that. But it's my blog so I guess that makes it OK.

Anniversary update. We went to Maggiano's and it was so totally delicious! We shared different plates and just had a wonderful meal. I was able to eat which made it even more delicious. Yummy! Eleven years come and gone!

No comments: