Monday, October 20, 2008

Random Thoughts

Do you know how when you travel out of the city you start to see signs telling you what restaurants are coming up? So you can say to your spouse, "Hey! There's a Whataburger coming up!" Well, wouldn't it be great if they had those inside the city for Starbucks? Like, "Next Exit Starbucks."

Today I was driving along 45 and I really had to pee. I remembered that there's a Starbucks on 45, but I couldn't remember if the exit was Tidwell or Parker. Interestingly enough the Starbucks sign does tell you which exit to take on each side of the sign, but by the time you see the sign you've already passed the exit. I exited early and drove along the feeder until I came to the Starbucks. The door was propped open but no one was inside and the lights were off, like it's closed.

I heard that Starbucks had decided to close a bunch of locations in Houston and I think that may be one of them. Sad...

Now that I have this lap band I'm getting to know all the soups around town. The tortilla soup at Teotihuacan on Irvington at Cavalcade is to die for! Go at dinner time and they add chicken. At lunch it doesn't have chicken, but I'm sure it's just as good, just chicken-less. I had the tortilla soup at La Mexicana today and it was pretty good, but it was no Teotihuacan tortilla soup.

That's it for random thoughts. More later!

No comments: