Thursday, November 06, 2008

I Was Tortured Mercilessly This Week

Okay, all I did was go to the dentist, but I swear I felt like I was going to die after an hour and half of having my mouth open. At some points my dentist would prop my mouth open with some black rubber door jam.

I was talking smack recently to two of my sisters telling them I've never needed a crown. Right after that I went to the dentist and found out that I needed one. Yeah, great!

The same day I was scheduled to go in for the crown, or the temporary one until my real one comes in, I woke up feeling sick. I had to go by my doctor first for a quick check-up and a prescription. While I was there I got my flu shot.

When I picked up my daughter after school I told her I'd had two shots in one day. One in my arm and another one in my mouth. Wow! I forgot how much those hurt. And apparently I also forgot what it's like to have major dental work done.

The whole time the dentist was drilling I swear I was picturing him sawing my molar down. It wasn't a nice mental picture.

Then he would prop my mouth open with a rubber door jam. I am not lying! It was just like one of those door jams the cleaning people put down on the restroom door to prop it open while they are cleaning. Except this one fit into my teeth and held my mouth open.

I was told by the dentist and his assistant that I have very muscular cheeks and a strong tongue. I guess all that talking has given my face and tongue a good work out. At least one part of my body is fit! Ha!

I have a whole lot of other weird things to tell all of you, but I will have to save them for another day. I always have weird things to say, and some things are too weird to write on here, so if you know me personally remind me to tell you later.

No comments: