Thursday, April 16, 2009

I Can't Leave and Hernias

I know I said I would be blogging less but then I went and bought this t-shirt and when I thought about what blog I wanted printed on there I wanted this blog . Then I realized that I can't stay away from here and that in reality I need to get away from the other time-sucks in my life and I need to write more. I said a long time ago that I believed that this writing was an exercise and that it makes me a better writer and I believe it. So you're all stuck with me for a while.



What has been happening in my life lately? I have had a whirlwind month starting with March. I have had stuff going on almost every single weekend and some things even in the middle of the week.

In the middle of it all I'm reminded that I'm a mother first and that I have to take care of my kids. I'm also reminded that I have to be more aware of my body and my wellness. I've been told I need surgery and I can't put it off too long. I have an umbilical hernia. Gross, I know! But if you REALLY want to get grossed out go here and see a surgery. And if you want to get grossed out more look at images on google of umbilical hernias. Let me just let you know right now that mine is not that huge and gross, not that you wanted to know any of this at all. Now I've just grossed all of you out on so many levels.


On to other things. So I was going to wash towels today with this little sample bag of "Mexican detergent" that I got from the Sams y Mas people at the Houston Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Luncheon. I had already left it in the washroom on top of the dryer.


Well I go in to the washroom today to pull out some other clothes I washed in Tide and I put those in the dryer. Then I started to get the washer ready for the load of towels. I was just about to rip open the detergent bag when I realized that it was NOT Mexican detergent, but instead it was Gelatin. Yeah, gelatin. Now wouldn't that have been interesting if I had washed a whole load of clothes in gelatin? I just crack myself up sometimes. But seriously, that little bag of green powder looked just like the bags of Mexican detergent they sell at Matamoros!


Speaking of stores. Have you ever been to the store early in the morning? It's weird! I had to go to Walgreens Wednesday morning to get my son some cold medicine. I was already running late to a breakfast meeting. I dropped off my daughter first and then my son and I went over to the Walgreens down the street. We walked in ane the store was empty. It was almost an unnatural feeling to go to the store so early in the morning. That's not when I'm used to going to the store. I always go after work or during lunch. There wasn't even anywhere around to ask for help because all there was was the one cashier. It seems like people don't even work at stores that early in the morning.

Today, Thursday, I had to stay home with as sick son. The cold medicine I bought him didn't help much. He's been congested all day. I just hope he's better tomorrow. More later.

1 comment:

Moose said...

How did you get the hernia?