Monday, January 31, 2011

My Blog Is Trying to Guess My Surgery

I realize I haven't been completely clear about what kind of surgery I had in December. It was a feminine surgery so yes, I was vague on purpose. Meanwhile my blogger ads have been desperately trying to guess what it was.


The ads you see on the right hand side show up according to key words in my blog. So you've seen ads for catheters, surgeries gone bad, laproscopic surgery, sleeve vs. LapGastric and so on. The ads have actually been cracking me up. I always like to see what's shown up next and I arrow through the different ones. It will be interesting to see what will show up after today's post.

Speaking of my blog and how it tracks activity. I've mentioned before that according to Sitemeter my most popular post ever was the one about my favorite Nike quotes. That page gets more visits than whatever current blog is up. For example today alone, from what I can tell, out of 38 visits that I've had, 19 of them were from a Nike quotes search. Go ahead, do it. Go to Google and type in "Nike quotes" and see if ShoeGirl Corner comes up towards the very top.

I decided to take advantage of all the traffic that I get from this one page so I added a little introduction asking readers to bookmark my page and to come by to visit often. I even added a link to my skirt blog. I figured that if that many people come in through that page that I should use it as an ad for my blogs. So yes, now I'm pimping my Nike quotes blog.

Just in case you're wondering, the second most popular blog is Every Princess Deserves a Tea Party!  and third is Super Cool Stationary. Apparently a lot of people are planning princess parties and buying stationary, after finding the best Nike quotes to motivate them.

So now speaking of favorite quotes, I'll end with one of my favorite quotes, from Sam Phillips in Walk the Line.

"Bring... bring it home? All right, let's bring it home. If you was hit by a truck and you was lying out there in that gutter dying, and you had time to sing *one* song. Huh? One song that people would remember before you're dirt. One song that would let God know how you felt about your time here on Earth. One song that would sum you up. You tellin' me that's the song you'd sing? That same Jimmy Davis tune we hear on the radio all day, about your peace within, and how it's real, and how you're gonna shout it? Or... would you sing somethin' different. Somethin' real. Somethin' *you* felt. Cause I'm telling you right now, that's the kind of song people want to hear. That's the kind of song that truly saves people. It ain't got nothin to do with believin' in God, Mr. Cash. It has to do with believin' in yourself."

That's what I think about sometimes. What "song" would I sing? Not a literal song, but what would be the song of my life? I leave you with that thought.

No comments: