Sunday, July 08, 2012

The Adventure Continues

I realized today that not only has it been a full week since I blogged, I've only blogged about Nike quotes lately. I guess I should blog about something different today. Like.... self discovery. I think I blog about that the least because I don't really want people knowing my business. Not that I don't at all. I do blog about my feelings a lot of times and even talked about my divorce when I was going through that.



Image borrowed from this dating dos and donts site.

So the other day I was posting a link about a restaurant review on Facebook. I mentioned that I used to go the restaurant and that it was a good place to go on a date. I immediately had people asking me if I was dating or starting to date. I think people had been wanting to ask me but were afraid to and now that I mentioned it they figured it was okay to ask. All I was doing was suggesting the place as a good date place. I found it very interesting how people took a sudden interest.

I wanted to know what one friend in particular was thinking so I sent him a private message and told him that I wasn't dating, but I could if I wanted to. He immediately answered that he would have to see who he could introduce me to. I was flattered and touched that he was so willing to set me up with somebody. Not that I want for him to do that, but it was nice to know that my friends have my back if I need them in that department.

Being single again has been an interesting journey so far. It's been eight months since the divorce. It's hard to believe that it's almost a year but it is. The truth is... I can't even imagine getting into another relationship at this point. I can't imagine going down that road again. Honestly, I can't think of anything that I miss that much about being married. You know how they say "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels?" Well, nothing tastes as good as freedom feels!

If and when I do date again it's going to be a completely different approach. I found this quote on Pinterest. (yes my Pinterest addiction) I know that I deserve a lot and I will only accept the very best next time. How's that for self-discovery?


No comments: