Thursday, September 26, 2013

I Can't Blog About Beauty Products

I know now why I can't blog about beauty products despite the fact that my mother was an Avon lady for most of my life. It just doesn't hold my interest long enough and I don't find meaning in it. Don't get me wrong. I consider make-up a very important part of life. I don't like leaving my house without it and when I do I feel messy and undressed. But sadly I can't blog about mascaras and what I've found $100 later. I will still write a review because I did buy the mascaras and I did do the research and I owe you all a story about what I found. Maybelline Colossal was still the best.



I realize that I like writing about a lot of other things. I want to blog or write an article about how the Taliban was actually oppressing women in Afghanistan since 1994 and that it took SEVEN years and 9/11 for anyone to do anything about it. The world had been turning a blind eye while women were stoned to death in soccer stadiums. Even then, the US didn't go into Afghanistan to free the women. They went in for political reasons to over throw the Taliban and women just happened to benefit from it. Yeah, those are the kind of subjects that interest me more.

I was so excited to learn about Yahoo Voices. I just joined them and I can't wait to submit articles. I also want to write a travel article about Houston. What a great way to write for the web and to get paid in the process too. Thanks to one of the other bloggers at skirt! who wrote about this great way to get published. I can't wait to get started

I am at a crossroads in my life once again. The summer is over, fall has officially started, and this is when I have to decide if I want to move forward with my own business and give it a go or if I want to get back into the work-force. All arrows are pointing towards me working at my business full time.

The problem is that until I start seeing real money come in on a monthly basis it's hard to envision this as my career. I know that once I make that first big sale it will look like a reality. I already had one close call and I almost tasted victory, only to have it yanked away. Temporarily. I know that if that deal could have happened others will really happen. I just need to keep working at it. It all depends on how badly I want it. And I do.

Life is good. I try to remember that when it gets tough. I have so many things to be grateful for. I have had the amazing luxury to take these four months off from Corporate America. Although things haven't gone exactly as planned, I still had that. I haven't taken this long of a vacation from really working in 19 years. The longest break I've taken since then were the 3 months when Seth was born.

So I write in my gratitude journal (really just my Franklin planner) every day and I remind myself all the things that I'm grateful for. I am grateful for this time to write about what really moves me. I am grateful to have the luxury to decide what I want to do. I am grateful for my abilities that make it possible for me to sell and to make a living. I know I can do this and I will.

No comments: