Sunday, December 15, 2013

Dry Shampoo Review

A few months ago I discussed dry shampoo and how I've tried a couple of different ones. I had just purchased the TRESemme dry shampoo volumizing for fine/oily hair. When I first posted on FB that I would be blogging about this I had a friend who said that she loved this brand and uses it weekly so she doesn't have to wash her hair that often.


I tried it but for some reason it didn't work very well for me. My theory is that my hair is waaaay too oily. It changed drastically after I had children. I used to have normal hair pre-babies, not oily but not dry. Somehow after two kids my hair started thinning AND it became more oily. Lovely combination!

 I realize that not everyone's hair is the same. As you read this review keep in mind that my hair is extremely oily. It is so oily in fact that it is already oily within 24 hours of washing it last. I've tried washing it in the morning, at night, in the middle of the day. Like clockwork it will be oily within 24 hours.

I tried the TRESemme and sadly it did not work well. I even made sure I was following the instructions carefully. My hair us still oily and nasty looking, Sometimes it looks even worse because it ends up looking weird and like I have product in it.

Before TRESemme I tried "Schwarzkopf got2b rockin' it 4ever stylestay." Yes, the real name! When I was using TRESemme I seemed to remember that the got2b worked a lot better but I was out of it so I couldn't compare the two.



This past week I went out and bought another bottle the Schwarzkopf got2b and yes, definitely way better than TRESemme for me. It works almost as well as my all time favorite dry shampoo, Bumble and Bumble. But before I discuss that dry shampoo keep in mind the cost difference between these three. TREsemme retails at around $5.29. Schwarzkopf got2b retails at around $5.95. Bumble and Bumble "hair powder" retails at $35.



I've blogged a few times about Bumble and Bumble hair powder. I've even joked about it being my powdered wig.  I also blogged about how I first read about Bumble and Bumble in O Magazine when I first tried it. It is the BEST hair powder/dry shampoo I have ever tried.

The only down side is that it only comes in tinted colors and not in clear. The black or brown tint  rubs off on pillows and you have to be careful with clothing. You definitely have to wash it out before bed. You also have to be careful to use it sparingly and not to over-apply or it will give your hair a nasty texture and you will look like you're wearing a powdered wig. Other than that, it is absolutely the best one. BUT it also costs $35. Another reason to use it sparingly and honestly the reason I have not bought a bottle since I worked full time and even then only when I had a great bonus.

Until I start making the kind of money I used to make when I bought $35 bottles of Bumble and Bumble I'm going to stick to the Schwarzkopf (I just like typing that word) got2b rockin' it dry shampoo. Or let me know if you have another brand you would recommend and that I should try, but please keep in mind how ridiculously oily my hair is when making the recommendation.

No comments: